Search This Blog

Friday, January 20

Looking For Alaska by John Green review

Looking for Alaska is a deliciously tragic and dark book about young people who all go through something they shouldn't have to.

Everything in this book feels tense to me. I'm not even sure what I mean by that, but it had me sitting on the edge of my seat for the entirety of the two days it took me to read the book. 

The characters in the book almost seem subsequent to the things that happen to them, and that makes me wonder if we, as non-fictional beings, are as defined by what we do and what happens to us as the people in this book. Maybe I'm thinking about it too much now.

John Green writes about tragedy like most people breathe air. Or at least, I'd like to imagine he does. Death, the great mystery of the unknown and acceptance are themes that are written about often but no one does it as well as John Green.


Buy the book on Amazon:

No comments: