Search This Blog

Friday, March 28

The Secret - Myself in Ten Years

First off, I'd like to say that I am totally aware of the fact that 'the Secret' is pretty much so last year, but I've had a recent thought about it, ie. ten minutes ago, that I would like to share with you.

According to Wikipedia (and the book titled 'the Secret'), the Secret is all about 'the Law of Attraction', which, summed up in one sentence, tells you that you get what you think about. So if you think good thoughts, you will get good things, even very specific things.

What it claims is that when you can see yourself actually already having what you want and believe that you actually do, you will get it, because that way you attract it.

My problem is, I can't see myself in the future, even though I do know what I want. Is it because I'm not certain of myself? Maybe it's because I'm not spiritual enough? What I would love to know if there is anyone who feels they have understood the Law of Attraction, and feel they have gotten something from it (though the Secret suggest that everyone does, we're just not aware of it).

Or is the hype over and have people stopped using the Law of Attraction on purpose? I might just have missed the big bandwagon.

With love,

Maartje

3 comments:

MK said...

Hi, I've read the book but I'm still not bought over totally. No doubt it makes for interesting reading. Just take it with a pinch of salt. How are you, little Dutch girl?

Unknown said...

Hello Mark, how lovely to hear from you. I hope you're alright.

I don't completely buy it either, but there has got to be some truth in the 'if you know what you want, you'll get it' theory, because I think it's human nature to fight for what you want, rather than anything 'higher'. Then again, thinking that you're depressed will make you depressed. ;)

I'm alright, myself. Busy busy busy with university and not much inspiration for the blog land. You?

Anonymous said...

Are you interested in participating in a Beta Testing for a free blog post reader?

Readers can listen to your post anytime anywhere once you embed a reader on your blog.