Search This Blog

Wednesday, January 7

In Loomis part 1

 
As some of you might know (if you read my blog), I am a digital artist. I used to do terrible pencil art as a young girl and now I'm just totally used to the fabulous world of Wacom. However, I find pencil artists much more talented than digital artists and thus I want to brush up on my own ability to be one. 
In context of achieving goals, I decided to take on the difficult yet rewarding task of doing a page of 'Loomis sketches' every day. Andrew Loomis is a fabulous pencil artist that has fabulous art books. So every day, I'll take one of this books and practice what he explains in them. Above is the sketch for day one. I think we can all agree that the sketches suck. But at least I'm following the master's guidelines for portrait drawing, which should help me to draw portraits without photo reference.
I'd like to keep you up to date on my process, so stay tuned...

No comments: