Search This Blog

Sunday, June 28

Friends of Glass Update

I know it's been a while since I updated you guys on my progress in the Friends of Glass project. For those of you that are new to my blog or have simply forgotten:

Friends of Glass is a project that hopes to raise awareness towards the environmental profits of recycling, you guessed it, glass. In this project, several people have been chosen to broadcast ther ideas on the subject, and I happen to be one of them.

Now, in the past, I've not been very actively involved. This mainly comes down to me having to graduate, and not finding time to devote myself to the cause. Now that I've graduated, least I can do is promote the project's latest venture:

Friends of glass is trying to recycle enough bottles to (hypothetically) light up London for five minutes. Every country involves in this project (there are quite a lot), is reporting their progress via Twitter. To read more on how to partcipate, read the official blogpost.

Why should I help, I hear you thinking. You might feel rather indifferent toward nature. You might not be an environmentalist. God knows I'm not. The reason I still promote the cause is because there are very clear result and because recycling glass, lets face it, is easy!

All you have to do, is instead of throwing your bottles into your trash, deposit them. Depositing is easy, most of the time you can find a glass deposit right next to your local supermarket. You don't even have to make an extra trip for it. Not to mentioned the things you can do with bottles to brighten up your home. Bottles make great vases. Jars are very good for storage, you can paint them up all nicely. In other words, with a little creativity (I know you have it), recycling glass is fun!

Oh, Hank is also sending an S.O.S. to the world (Sorry to steal your line, Mr. Sting, Sir):

2 comments:

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Toothfairy said...

cute video! grappig!



*loves*