- Financially beneficial. In most countries, the government offers a substantial amount of discounts and bonuses to employers who take on a disabled person. The government will also pay the disabled person's wages, should the person fall ill, or should they be unable to perform their tasks due to their disability.
- Motivation. It is very often the case that disabled people are highly motivated. They have worked hard to get where they are and have a tendency to want to preform well.
- Skill. People with disabilities are often very good at what they do. Because of the physical limitations they have had in their lives, they very often focus on something they are really good at.
- Practicality. Disabled people often find very practical ways of doing their job, making them very structured.
- Efficiency. One of the biggest issues is that disabled people are believed to work slower than your average employee. True is some cases, false in others. Either way, most people with disabilities are aware of this and will find ways to be as efficient as possible.
- Image. Hiring a disabled person makes your company look really good. There's no getting around it and it's not sad.
Monday, July 6
6 Reasons to Hire a Physically Disabled Person
As an employer, you might find yourself faced with the reality of thinking about hiring a physically disabled person. You think, if I could hire someone with the same skills, but without handicap, why should I pick the disabled person? I will give you six good reasons to do so, in no particular order.