I see a service that I like - a design that is quite lovely - a template that I fancy - a new topic that I think is cool - a new way of interaction that I think might be fun...
I go for it. I don't think: I buy a theme, I launch a new site, I sign up for a new service, just like that. Most of the time that equals in investment. Of time, of money, of energy. But most of these impulsive actions don't pay off. Why? Because these things need to be thought about. You need to ask yourself many important questions before - and not after, like I do - you make a decision.
- Why am I doing this?
- What is my goal?
- Do I have time for this?
- Will people even care that I do this?
- Will people interact with me on this?
- Should I be publishing this?
- Haven't I already tried this before?
- Is this worth my money?
- Will I stick with this or will I get bored doing this?
- Am I doing this to please others or myself?
And most of the time, I end up being disappointed.
In other words, I'm launching my revamped homepage website art page thing soon!!!