Search This Blog

Saturday, August 18

Composing with FL Studio

Have you always wanted to be a composer? Well here's your chance. With FL Studio, you can easily (given you have some rhythm and musical ear) compose your songs. Whether you use your own recorded material or chose from the many many many components included in FL Studio is up to you.

Here's an example of what you can make, made by me, as a first try:



I just nothing but the components that came with the program. It took my a good four hours, but I'm new to the program and to composing music. Once I got the hang of it, and figured out the chords, it kind of cam naturally. But again, this took me four hours, and it's only 30 seconds of music. Never the less, fun!

Download FL Studio DEMO. Note: the demo does not let you save what you're making, but you can export your file as mp3, wav, or midi. This means you have to finish your song in one take, without shutting FL Studio down. Shut it down, and everything is lost.

I hope you will enjoy playing around with it as much as I did.

With love,

Maartje

1 comment:

AAA Copywriter said...

I'm a Mac user, so PC programs don't really make much sense to me, although we have similar aplications, so I know the kind of feeling you get once you hear your own "masterpieces"... ;)

Alex