Search This Blog

Saturday, January 26

Public Speaking

Is something I still very much fear. I'm told I'm pretty good at it, but I still can't get myself to actually like it.

It's not that I don't know what to say, or anything, I have my story straight and my opinion ready if the occasion calls for it. Still, I manage to mess up my sentences. What I normally do is laugh about it and tell the listeners that I'm going to say that sentence again in the right order.

I never know what to do with my hands. I use them for put emphasis on certain points but I can't move then about all the time, can I? One of the reasons, perhaps, why I prefer to sit at a table whilst speaking.

Any tips for me, anyone? If I ever want to voice my opinion and be heard, I'd say I need to get over this issue.

And I have a presentation on monday. Fingers crossed.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hey,

Don't worry that you may stuff up the odd sentence here and there. An audience will forgive you if you stuff up, but they won't forgive you if you are boreing! By saying that you will try the sentence again, it shows me that you are not boreing.

Cheers

Darren Fleming
Australia’s Public Speaking Coach
http://www.executivespeaking.com.au

Anonymous said...

No Probs!

Cheers

Darren Fleming
Australia’s Public Speaking Coach
http://www.executivespeaking.com.au