Search This Blog

Wednesday, December 17

Hope and Dreams

Hopes and Dreams

I'm sick of following my dreams. I'm just going to ask them where they're going and hook up with them later.
    
Mitch Hedberg (1968 - 2005), Mitch All Together

The victory of success is half won when one gains the habit of setting goals and achieving them. Even the most tedious chore will become endurable as you parade through each day convinced that every task, no matter how menial or boring, brings you closer to fulfilling your dreams.
   
Og Mandino (1923 - 1996)


Everyone has hopes and dreams. A recent conversation with one of my professors made me realise that my dreams are quite clear to me, but I'm just very afraid of going after them. Afraid of losing my way, afraid of losing my dreams.

I suppose it's just very important to trust yourself, your abilities and your qualities.

So, to keep track of my dreams, I'll be writing a daily report (if I can stick to it) to remind myself of the steps I'm taking to fullfill my dreams. Also, I'll write down whatever positive thing is going on. I start tomorrow.

A girl can dream.

4 comments:

Hayley Cafarella said...

Kudos to you!
Fear is there to keep us alive...I think it's kinda messed up that we let it get in the way of us reaching out for new things that are of no threat to our physical being at all.
Good luck :)

Unknown said...

thank you, Caf, I need all the luck I can get!

Anonymous said...

"... my dreams are quite clear to me" : are you going to tell us what these are?

Unknown said...

your wish has been granted, stranger.