Search This Blog

Thursday, August 6

James Dean Speedpainting

I feel strangely out of place doing anything creative nowadays. Pretty much since my graduation, I feel like I have to find myself again. Personally and professionally. It's like having to find my place all over again, while I was hoping that my education would have placed me somewhere by the time I finished. Maybe I'm not finished learning yet.

Anyway, even though I haven't been feeling my usual self and haven't been entirely at my creative best, doesn't mean I've been sitting around not drawing. In fact I was looking for 1950-60s pinup art to practise my anatomy skills. I ended up looking at actresses and actors from that time period and then decided I needed to draw James Dean.

So, today, I did a three hour speedpainting in greyscale. I couldn't be bothered with his hair much though.

No comments: