Search This Blog

Friday, October 29

NaNoWriMo – a 50.000 word novel in 30 days

nanowrimo

Hey friends,
I'm doing something very awesome in the month November. It's in honour of NaNoWriMo, which is National Novel Writing Month. It's called national, but it's actually international.

The challenge
Write a 50.000 word novel in 30 days.
So yes, I'll be writing a novel in the month of November. It's going to be tough and gruelling, but I simply have to do it. I start on November 1st and will have to write every single day in order to get through this.

Why
I think you might have heard my complaints about not being happy, and about being uninspired. Well, I'm going to defy the 'you can't force inspiration' saying. I am just going to do it.

How
As I said, writing every day. I really wish I could do it on an iPad, but I don't have one. I'll gladly accept sponsored items. ;) I'll be posting updates on my NaNoWriMo progress everyday on this website and via my Twitter account.

Where am I now
I have no idea. I just decided to do this and I have no idea what to write yet. Pretty scary, actually, because I have to start on Monday. Feel free to be inspiring and help me come up with ideas. I need a plot on Monday.

What can you do?
You can sponsor my iPad. ;) And you can tell me to stick at it, every day and especially when I'm about to cave. You can also get other people to support me and you can make plot suggestions.

2 comments:

Thought Bubble Ten said...

I too was once going to do the NanoWriMo thing but chickened out in the end! I think it could be a great way of getting your enthusiasm for life back (I trust you had it once before? :)) and also, to learn about writing and about yourself. All the very best with it!

Unknown said...

Haha, yes I did have enthusiasm for life once. Let's hope this fixes it. Hey you can always start and not finish, won't be as good but you'd still have tried! Thank you for commenting. :)