Search This Blog

Tuesday, July 10

Of Knowledge and Understanding

Sometimes is better to admire the brilliance of others than to try and be brilliant yourself. Today, it's that time. I Stumbled Upon this site that collects famous quotes from all over the world and allthrough history. I searched on 'understanding' and got some interesting, inspiring quotes. I'll list a few and give opinions.
"The noblest pleasure is the joy of understanding."
- Leonardo da Vinci

I couldn't possibly agree more, mister da Vinci, Sir. Especially when you've been struggling with whatever you are trying to understand. When you finally do, you feel that surge of triumph. It's better than adrenalin.

"You do not really understand something unless you can explain it to your grandmother."
- Albert Einstein

Possible one of my favorites, because it makes me realise how little people actually understand. This doesn't necessarily makes us stupid, but it shows how complicated all things in life can be.

"Possessing knowledge has two advantages: you judge less, and you judge better."
- G. L. Arts

This quote intrigues me, because I can't see truth, or lie in this one. I think my understanding lacks, here.

Anyway, I think I should do this kind of blogging more often, it's fun and inspiring, at least to me. Perhaps I'll even learn something.

With love,

Maartje

No comments: